Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Legs and Cycling Day

Today's leg workout continued to focus on speed and endurance vs. strength.   Calves, quads, hamstrings and glutes were all worked today with 3-6 sets per muscle.  Rep range was between 40-70 for each set, so again it's harder to get more sets in for the day based on this. 

For each exercise, I tried to emulate certain movements in cycling where I continued to use explosiveness so that it can hopefully carry over.  For example, leg extensions emulated the top of the stroke while leg presses emulated the down stroke.  Weights were fairly light and more comparable to my body weight or a comparable resistance as what I would feel when riding.  It may not translate exactly, but it does for me mentally.

For lunch today, I will be riding again and hope my legs hold up.  They typically blow up a lot sooner, especially my calves, when I ride on a day when I trained my legs in the morning.  I guess it'll depend on who comes out and what the route is.  Looking forward to it nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment