Tuesday, May 22, 2012

150 Weekend Miles, Yesterday Workout and Today's Back/Ride

Haven't blogged since Thursday so what's happened since.  Friday I rode down to San Diego to attend a funeral and got 63+ miles.  It was tough because I didn't eat much the night before or the prior nights for that matter.  I bottomed out halfway through the ride, and struggled to finish rationing my 2 gels and 1 waffle as best as I could.  When I arrived at my in-law's house, I definitely needed the two cokes I had as soon as I arrived.  Good stuff.

I rested on Saturday and got some good calories in this time where I was better prepared for a ride on Sunday.  I went out with Craig and his friend Dave and we put in 86+ miles by riding down to Encinitas and back.  I had a better outing and managed to do it with less intake during the ride finishing the whole route with just 2 bottles, 3 gels and 1 package of shot bloks.  Craig is definitely stronger now, so it was nice to see how eating allowed me to work with him and do a significant amount of pulling on the way back.  When a guy on a tri bike passed us on El Camino Real, we broke off from Craig and I finished the last 8 miles on my own. 

Yesterday, I wasn't up to have a 2 workout day so even after I got up early, I went back to bed.  I did get in the gym at work during lunch and got a good chest workout in.  I also did 20 minutes on the elliptical to burn some extra calories. 

This morning, I got my back worked out and worked up a pretty good sweat.  I started out doing sets of pull ups, which I haven't done in a while.  I got 4 exercises in plus a lower ab workout but the lower back machine was tied up.  I'll do it tomorrow. 

For lunch today, I plan on a lunch ride with the guys.  Not sure yet what kind of route to do, so we'll see if anyone has any suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment