Friday, May 25, 2012

Wednesday Through Today

I didn't blog on Wednesday because I went to work early to ride with Galen.  We did the Shady 133 NPC loop and it was a great workout despite it just being the two of us.  Tuesday's lunch ride was pretty tough, but I still had legs for the loop.   At lunch time, I was going to do weights but opted to get some more cycle training and jumped in Madison's spin class.  She was conducting a sprint trainer class, so I got to work on fast spinning.  My legs were definitely beat up after that.

Yesterday I skipped my morning workout in favor for resting as much as I can.  It helped a little for my race last night, but I just couldn't repeat the surges that kept occurring enough.  On the first run down the straight, the surge was unreal and people were passing like mad where I was close to the back by the next corner.  From there, it was just closing gaps for the next few laps until I finally ran out of steam.  I decided to just get a good workout out of it, so I went into time trial mode for the rest of the ride picking up riders who also couldn't sustain the pace.  Not a good outing again, but still a good workout.   I think I'll work on this type of riding more after Big Bear and hold off on any further races just because it's way too humbling not doing them as prepared as we used to be. 

For this morning, I got my shoulders worked out and the intensity and rhythm was very high.  I was dripping sweat even in my first exercise, so the rest of the exercises had me gasping for air.  I also got my core training in so cool. 

For lunch, I want to get a run in but we'll see how the weather is.  I may get on the treadmill, but hopefully an outside run would be better.  I hope to get 6 miles in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment