Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Long Weekend and Starting Over

While I live for long weekends, one of the things that often happen is that I tend to not follow my diet too much and end up feeling quite regretful after.  This is how I feel this morning.  I did have a good long ride on Sunday but I carbed up before and then ate poorly after for the next couple days.  I did run yesterday at the beach with Lisa, but I don't think it was nearly enough to offset the crap I ate.  Oh well, now it's time to pay the piper. 

As far as my long ride on Sunday, I was quite pleased that I was able to manage doing the whole ride with only 2 bottles.  I did get half a bottle of water at our stop in Carlsbad, but that was what I drank in lieu of the rest of my Ultima left in another bottle.  I also had 1 package of Shot Bloks and only 3 gels.  I guess my carb loading worked!

For today's workout, I started my weekly routine today working my pecs and also getting in my core workout in.  I was having a little trouble getting started although not for a lack of motivation but just feeling a little slugging from the long weekend.  I still managed to get a good workout in and worked up a sweat in the process.

For lunch today, I plan on riding with the fellas and I think the plan is probably a hilly route.  Let's see if the guys want to do our "puke" route, which is not going to be fun for me since I'll have my standard crank bike today.  Oh well...more intensity I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment