Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1-18-11 End of Day

For this morning's workout, really picked it up with back workout by trying to do a lot of fast alternating reps along with some drop sets.  My back felt pretty tight after leaving the gym, so good day.

For ride at lunch, I felt great so I tried to break away from the team here and there.  On Newport Coast, I tried to attack those who love to climb, and got away for a little bit.  However, strongest climber eventually caught me along with 2 others.  I'll have to use different strategy next time...maybe spin a little more vs. trying to manhandle cranks.  I did take one of the sprints, but lost the 2nd.  The guy I lost the 2nd sprint too had nothing left for the following climb, so I don't feel too bad. 

I adjusted stem on bike to make handlebars be set a little more aggressive.  If I feel good after tomorrow's leg workout, I'll take it in and give it a spin to see how well I do against Wednesday group.  They're less aggressive, so that should give me some good seat time with new angle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment