Monday, January 31, 2011

Today's Trainer - Chest only

I skipped the morning workout due to feeling a little fatigue from my ride yesterday.  I could have went, but the break was nice.

I did do chest workout at the gym, but weights were definitely not the same.  Todd saw how little I was doing and seemed happy to know I'm getting weaker.  In the grand scheme of things, I would have to agree.  However, the amount of work I'm doing on my first sets absolutely prevents me from moving the same type of weight as I used to.  The explosiveness of the rep, in itself, tires me out and really prevents me from going heavy.  The good thing is intensity can be achieved through different ways, so my new training regimen still causes me to hit failures.  The only thing is I hope it conditions the muscle by tightening rather than growing.

Tomorrow's ride should be interesting.  No starchy carbs tonight at all...just fibrous and with chicken.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment