Friday, January 21, 2011

Type A Team

One of the things I love about the guys at work I go cycling with is that they're all very competitive.  This week has been a blast riding with them and they continue to humble and show me the possibilities of human strength and endurance.   Yesterday in particular, my buddy Adrian and I just kept pushing each other to our thresholds despite the heavy winds out there.  2 other guys, Shannon and Vince, showed us that their steady pace can prevail as far as overall time average.  That and they got lucky on several lights. 

Legs still feel decent after 3 straight days of riding, so that may be in part due to my new training program.  Working mostly on fast twitch muscles throughout seems to be making a different.  The diet seems to help too as I weight myself yesterday and I'm already back to my summer weight of 165. 

The madness continues this morning with a workout for my arms followed by a mellow lunch ride today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment