Monday, January 31, 2011

Trainer day 1-30-11

Here's a link to the ride report for the group:  http://broadcomcycling.blogspot.com/2011/01/1-30-11-training-day.html

On this ride, I worked on a couple riding techniques mostly pertaining to climbing.  I observed a racer girl climbing up a certain way up NPC where she held the big ring the whole time and at a good pace.  I spun behind her, but she seemed to tire less than I was. 

I tried it out and it seems to allow me to charge up the hills faster.  Leaning forward ahead of the bar but with your ass sticking up and your core tightened, pedal holding this form and it seems to allow me to push a bigger gear than when I'm spinning.  It was definitely a good way to start a hill.  On Aliso Creek, I found I was not only able to start out strong, I was able to rest for a little through spinning, but then got up again to finish the hill.  I can't way to keep trying this out elsewhere, so we'll see if it really works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment