Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Catching up - Thursday thru Today

Thursday's training was our 30 mile pre-death ride.  It was fairly moderate but on the way back, the pace was a little higher since we needed to get back.

Friday, there was no training and it was purely a rest day in preparation for Saturday. 

Saturday was the Death Ride.  9 hours of exercise and it absolutely wore me out mentally, physically, everything.  It was tough all around, but curiously, the end result wasn't too bad where the effects on the legs were pretty much limited only to that day and Sunday. 

Diet-wise from Thursday through Sunday was not ideal, but with all the calories that were burned on the Death Ride, I think mostly it was a wash.  Foods like pizza, cookies, chicken fried steak, were among the notable items I ate along with other snacks. 

Yesterday, I woke up to exercise in the morning, but decided to get back in bed since I didn't get a lot of sleep from our Tahoe weekend.  Thus, I skipped cardio for the day and ended up just having a chest workout during lunch at work.  I had a good workout, and I also got to work my abs.

Today, I worked my back this morning but only got 3 exercises in.  I was really groggy when I got up and wished I could have gotten back in bed.  However, I didn't want to get used to that, so I got my ass in the gym.  I did also work my lower back and lower abs as well.

Looking forward to getting out and riding at lunch time.  I'm ready to get back on the saddle and train with the guys again.  Hopefully, I'll get to improve some prior times for Strava...it's all about Strava.

No comments:

Post a Comment