Friday, July 29, 2011

Last Night's Race, Arms Today and a Lunch Spin

I skipped yesterday's workout to save up for last night's race.  Based on my average HR from last  night, it was probably the most effort I've applied to date.  A few attempts to close the gap, 2 sprints, and a breakaway with Shannon were probably the main reasons for this.  Other than my lungs feeling like they collapsed, I felt pretty good after.  My legs held up without any cramps, and they didn't ever tighten up after either.  I guess I'm just getting used to it. 

I didn't sleep too well last night, but I still managed to get up and get in the gym to get an arm workout in.  Although I only managed to squeeze out 3 exercises (2 bis and 1 tri), it was still enough to get sweaty so the intensity was up there.  I could have done more, but I wanted to work my core this morning.  I got both lower back and abs done.

For lunch, I hope to get a mild spin in and save up for the ride tomorrow.  I'll sit in the back if anyone comes out, or just keep a mellow pace on a flatter route if no one else rides.  That's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment