Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Shoulders and Mild Cardio

Today is my regular leg day, but skipping again due to race tomorrow night.  They already feel pretty worked considering the last 3 days of hard riding, so a little rest should do them good.  I do intend to do a mild cardio at lunch time today, but nothing crazy.   Just low intensity to keep the fat burning going.

I just finished my shoulder workout, and I was able to bring the intensity up again unlike yesterday's back workout.  I did my 4 exercises where the focus continues to be on speed vs. strength.  In my opinion, speed is a full body thing, so I'm trying to have my shoulders get conditioned to performing the movements as fast as possible.  I add just enough resistance (i.e. light weight) to condition them accordingly.  I got a pretty good sweat going from these high rep sets.

I also managed to get my core training done with a high rep set of lower back and the same for abs.  My abs were a little tight where I thought they may cramp, but they held up.  Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment