Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Catching Up Again

I haven't blogged since Thursday, but that doesn't mean I haven't exercised.  It just means I've been too lazy to write what I've been doing. 

On Thursday, I wasn't able to ride since I still had problems with my mid-back that made it uncomfortable to move certain ways and even to breathe.   Instead, I did get some cardio by getting on the spin bike and taking it easy. 

On Friday, I woke up like I was going to the gym and would have worked my arms.  However, I could still feel the tightness on my back where  I didn't want to chance aggravating it more.  Instead, I went back to bed.  I did spin again on Friday and by that time, I felt better than when I spun on Thursday so I kicked it up a little more.

On Saturday, it was our crazy ride and all I can say about it was that was the worse cramping I ever had.  I definitely could have prepared better for it, but I knew having been on a Met-Rx diet for the last two weeks wasn't going to fare well for me.  Oh well, I still had "fun."

Sunday, I rested and didn't do a thing.

Yesterday, I woke up early like I was going to the gym, but I decided I was going to skip cardio to recover more from Saturday.  I could have done cardio, but I thought I'd rest a little and back in bed I went.  I did work chest at lunch yesterday, and I decided I'd go heavy just because I wanted to see where I was strength wise.  I managed to put up 325 lbs. on the bench after hitting 315 just before.  I think if I went straight from 275, I may have been able to hit 335.  Maybe I'll find out next week. 

Today, I got in and got my back worked out.  Unlike yesterday where I did mostly progressive resistance sets, I went back to pyramid sets but did do some heavy back.  I don't really know why I'm doing this because it never helps my cycling, but I think it keeps the weight training interesting for me.  Maybe I'll go back to straight light sets again someday when I'm motivated to do well at a race.

For lunch today, it'll be a ride with the guys.  I'll train on my Cervelo since I plan to use that next month at the Pasadena Gran Fondo.  I will use my carbon wheels to train on, but I'll likely go back to my Eastons for the actual event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment