Friday, June 1, 2012

Almost More Cycling, Shoulders and Run

I was really torn between whether I wanted to commute to work on my bike today or work out.  If I had ridden my bike, I was still going to run at lunch as well and thought that that may be too much.  In one way though, I thought it would be a good way to prepare for all the work I'll be doing next week for the ride up Bear.  In the end, I decided against it and managed to go ahead and workout instead. 

For this morning, I did do my shoulders and got 4 exercises in plus a couple core exercises too.  I kept it very light today and just banged out the high rep sets as fast as I could.  I almost did more weights during my shoulder press as a final set just to change it up, but I was wiped after so many reps.  I did push through after feeling like I couldn't go anymore and forced myself to do a 2-3 more reps...that hurt!

For lunch today, I plan to do a 6+ mile run since I need to stay on top of this training.  I'll be running alone, so I plan on just zoning out and getting it done.  I would only have ran 4.5 if I rode my bike, so the additional 1.5-2 miles will be for the additional calories I want to burn today.  That should get me ready for the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment