Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Diet, Back Day and Lunch Ride

I was pretty good on my diet yesterday and had minimal carbs and a good amount of protein.  I was suppose to have Met-Rx 4x but I only had 3 since Lisa made me some hand rolls with celery and crab meat instead (no rice).  As a snack last night, I ate red peppers and hummus and when I got hungry again, I ate some sugar snap peas.  This is my popcorn substitute.  Aha.

I woke up and my lower back wasn't as tight as it has been, which was surprising considering my 6.7 mile run yesterday on the treadmill.  I got a back workout today with 4 different exercises followed by some ab work.  I am bumping up the resistance significantly at least for one set of each exercise for more strength training now that I don't have any big climbing rides in store.  It also makes the workout more interesting for me.

For today's lunch ride, I'm hoping for something a little more flat, so maybe we'll ride up to Portola and back.  My legs feel pretty good, so I think it should be a good ride.  

No comments:

Post a Comment