Friday, August 5, 2011

Last Night's Race, Arms Today and a Lunch Spin

Great team race last night with Shannon having an awesome individual effort.  The funny thing about it was that I didn't feel like I got a very good workout from it like previous weeks.   Defending didn't take too much toll (as I expected), and the sprint at the end wasn't really cardio as much as it was just muscling through the cranks.  I still need to work on that though. 

I didn't get too much sleep last night, but I still managed to get up and get a good arm workout this morning.  I hit the triceps harder than normal just because I've been saving them for the rides (off the seat climbing), so it felt good to get them worked.  I hope they don't cramp up during today's lunch ride though.  My biceps got a great workout also.  I didn't some core training and did lower abs vs. upper more today. 

For the lunch ride, I know Todd's going out, so it should be a good ride.  We need to make up for last night, so I'm sure we'll be doing some hills today.  Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment