Friday, August 19, 2011

Skipped Arms but Rode at Lunch

After last night's race, I didn't think I would be too tired where I did have plans to exercise this morning.   I woke up in the morning in time to get up, but as usual, I hit the snooze button to give me five more minutes before getting up to get ready.   For whatever reason, the snooze didn't come on and I got up a half hour later instead.  While I could have gotten a quick workout on, I decided to just take the morning off and skip my morning workout.  Three things helped me make this decision:  it was just an arm workout, I did get a great workout the night before at the race, and lastly, my wife bought a scale where I checked my weight and was happy to see I was still at 150.  Good enough.

I did get out for an early lunch ride with Todd and Gaylen, and we got a really good workout where I even felt like puking at the end.  I didn't have any lasting effects though, and I felt better after some lunch (Met-Rx).  Legs still feel good even now, but I'll let them rest and be ready to go out with S-Gary for our ride on Sunday.  I'll pull back just enough to have fun at Shannon's wedding.   It should be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment