Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Return to Leg Day and Riding at Lunch

Now that racing season is over, I finally got to work my legs again this morning.  Working them out during racing season just didn't make any sense to me since they would either affect my race day or working them out after racing would not be fruitful.  I have to admit, I was looking forward to it.

Surprisingly, my strength does not seem to have been affected negatively based on abstaining from the leg training.  Obviously, they were getting trained while on the bike, but I didn't think it would translate.   In fact, they actually felt a little stronger.  I not only bumped the weights up, but my rep range with the increased weight was the same as before.  I was doing 50-75 rep ranges and really got to blow up my legs.  My calves were on fire,  and my quads/hams were too.  Loved it.

I hope to ride my bike during lunch, but it's one of those rides that I expect my legs to pop given this morning's training.  It really isn't a matter of "if' as it is "when."  We're doing something more hilly today, so I'm sure this will not be one of my better outings.  I just hope to survive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment