Thursday, September 1, 2011

Legs Recovering, Shoulder Day and More Bike

I woke up this morning and was really feeling the effects of yesterday's leg workout.  My hamstrings, inner things, and glutes feel like junk, and my calves still pretty tight.  My left calf having cramped as hard as it did on yesterday's ride (as expected) doesn't hurt anymore, but it did bother me for a while after.

I made it in to the gym despite the above, but the last thing I wanted to do was do any movements where my legs would serve as stabilizers.  Basically, this meant just not standing up on any of the movements.  It was shoulder day, so it was hard to do front dumbbell raises seated, but that's exactly what I did.  I also did seated side lateral raises, alternating overhead presses (seated on machine) and rear delt (just one set...ran out of time).  I did manage to get full core workout in. 

For today's lunch exercise, I do still plan on riding.  I know, I know...maybe too much, but there's no substitute for seat time.  I'll take it easier, hopefully, and not push too hard and will probably hear an earful when I don't take the front enough.  Oh well.  I'm hoping that the blood moving around my legs will make them feel better.  The ibuprofen I just took should help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment