Monday, December 5, 2011

Catching Up - Friday, Sunday and Today

On Friday, I ended up skipping the gym in the morning, which would have been my arm workout, and opted to do a ~30 mile ride in the morning with a few guys.  We pushed pretty hard, so it was a good morning trainer.  At lunch time, I jumped in a spin class with a new instructor.  She definitely worked my ass off and I was pretty cooked for the day jumping immediately into my compression pants once I got home.

Sunday, we had a good 78 mile ride in and it was chilly.  It made it that much more painful to ride, which is something I'll have to mentally prepare for should this be the conditions for the Stagecoach in January.  No cramps, but performance was just okay.  I didn't get too much rest the day before with having to get the house ready for a party for my twins (24 kids came over...geez!), and further clean up after.   Managed to do the ride with 3 gels only and 2 bottles and almost 1 pack of shot bloks.  No cramps and never really bonked, but just blew up on some of the climbs.

I took this morning off from the gym given I'm still feeling it from the weekend, but I do expect to lift some weights at lunch time.  It'll be chest day, so I'll do what I can to get a good workout at our work gym.  In the back of my mind, I do want to get a cardio session in today too and contemplate doing so after work.  However, I think I'll probably just listen to my body and resist that urge to get some rest instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment