Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cold Leg Day and Lunch Cardio

It was 32 degrees at my house this morning when we got up to go to the gym.  On days like this, it is incredibly difficult to work up a sweat.  However, after my 2nd quad workout (leg presses), I managed to do so.

My training this morning was more tempo based given that I performed each rep somewhat to the rhythm of the music. What this seemed to do for me was it let me do way more reps than if I just counted them out.  I still counted but would stop counting upwards of 70+ reps and just kept going until I just couldn't anymore.  It does let me check out as well when I do this, so I got a pretty good workout despite how hard it was to warm up.  I was going to throw in lower back, but I ended up doing abs instead. 

For lunch, I hope to get some cardio in and would like to join the spin class. However, my boss saw it fit to schedule a meeting from 10-12 where I probably won't be able to make it.  I'll probably opt to spin on my own after the class ends.  I still prefer to spin over cycle on leg days since I'm able to push my cardio base without much impact to my legs.  My calves would not bode well today on an actual ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment