Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Leg Day and a Long Spin

Since the guys have stepped up their training, I was motivated to step up mine.  For this morning's leg day, I worked my ass off and blew up my calves, quads and hamstrings.  My rep range was all the way until I couldn't do it anymore.  There were some 100+ rep sets as a results.  I think people must think I'm crazy in there as I'm twisting myself off the machine after some of the sets.  Felt like puking at one point.  Good stuff.

I know my legs will not hang on a bike today, but I'm a little worried that I haven't put on any real road miles since Sunday.  I'll definitely get out tomorrow and hopefully on Eddie's TT bike.  For today, I'm back on the spin bike and will try to do more than just the regular hour's worth depending on schedule and what my legs can tolerate.  

One thing to note is that I do worry about getting hurt between now and our January race.  I need to pick things up to keep up with the guys on my team, but I need to also be careful not to overdo it before then and get hurt in the process.  Such a fine line....

No comments:

Post a Comment