Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vacation Activities and Exercise

On Tuesday night, I went with my family and met up with my wife's brother's family at Big Bear Lake to go skiing/boarding the following morning.  With the kids taking classes, the wife and I were able to get some decent ski time in although it took a while to get the kids situated.  It was a little odd this year in that other than the knees and the quads feeling like they got a decent workout, I never felt like I sweated at all even going down some of the steeper runs.  I never felt out of breath, so cardio seemed to be up a lot this year. 

For Thursday, we wanted to catch some more action on the slopes, but the winds were 25-35 mph with up to 60 mph gusts up in the mountains.  It did snow as well in the afternoon, but it looked like it was going to rain initially.  With the weather not ideal, we opted to just take the kids to do a little luge action along with some go-carting.  We also went bowling for a couple games, which was my only source of activity for this day.  I did end up hurting my forearm (still wrapped today) as a result.

Diet-wise, I did okay and relied a lot on bars and shakes, but also had some regular meals.  Overall, I did okay here.  Hanging with my brother-in-law, I did have 3 beers (not the light ones either) both nights, so this was probably not the best thing for me. 

Yesterday, I was back, so I was able to get an hour cardio session on the stationary bike at the gym.  In the afternoon, I got in a shoulder workout.  It was a little difficult given the grip on my left hand (based on injured forearm) sucked, but I did the best I could.  I was in San Diego for the latter workout, so the change in atmosphere plus the fact that it was my old stomping ground let me push through.

For today, I'll be resting and preparing for tomorrow.  I'm really hoping my forearm doesn't play a factor when I'm climbing on the drops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment