Thursday, April 28, 2011

Intervals, AM Cardio and Arms

For yesterday's cardio session at lunch time, I decided to go ahead and perform more interval training on the elliptical.   I typically do it on interval mode, but my tempo usually stays consistent where my HR doesn't jump too much if at all.  Yesterday was different in that I kept having my HR jump up 20-30 beats every 60 minutes.  It was tough but provided a good workout. 

For today, I decided that it would be better not to ride at lunch time since I don't seem to be able to have any self-restraints to not push hard when I ride with the guys.  I probably need to work on this internally...HA HA.  Instead, I did my cardio in the morning and did 45 minutes of a light spin just to burn some calories and keep the blood flowing through my legs.  My hamstrings are getting better, but not yet 100%.  Tomorrow will be a FULL rest day, so they should be good for Saturday.

I'm going to do arms at our work gym during lunch.  My left elbow is still bugging me, so I'll have the elbow strap on.  I'm going to take it real light and just work the high reps.  Not looking for any gains today...just  maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment