Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Couple Training, Angles, Back and Bike

Lisa came to the gym with me this morning, and I did my back workout while she did her cardio.  When she comes with me, it does provide additional motivation to get up to go and vice versa.  It's nice we get to go as a couple.

As for my back workout, I was reminded today how important it is to hit the muscle from different angles.  I do see some guys hitting the muscles the same way over and over again, and while it is exercise, I don't think it's as effective as when you change up the movement to hit the muscle.  I did pull downs (close grip), angled rows, alternating wide grip pull down, and cable pullovers.  I also did my lower back and abs.  One thing I noticed from working my lower back regularly is how my back seemed to hold up better on the hilly ride (like on Sunday) whereas that's usually one of the areas that tire first.

For cardio, the lunch ride is on but I need to be mindful of this weekend's Nautica tri where I'll be doing the bike leg as part of a team for work.  I want to have my legs be fresh, so I'll try and take it easy this week and probably taper off by Thursday.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment