Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Long Weekend and Hitting the Reset Button

Since I took the day off yesterday making for a 4 day weekend, I pretty much did the same blog-wise.  That doesn't mean I didn't train.  Although I skipped the cardio on Friday, I did mountain bike with some friends on Saturday, rode with a club down in San Diego on Sunday, rode solo on Monday, and swam a little yesterday.  I didn't end up doing any weights though, which was not the plan.  I also ate crappy, but all of this just gets me motivated to hit the reset button and start all over again.  Thus, today is the beginning of another new training era.  New goal:  get ready for Nautica tri and subsequent century rides in October.  Shooting for sub 150 lbs.

Today, I had a good chest workout.  My strength was just okay, but I felt like I was able to push through despite.  I had a good sweat going after 5 different exercises.  Today, I reintroduced the drop set. 

For lunch, I'm contemplating on bringing my bike in but the weather forecast is indicating that it'll be really hot today.  I'm not sure I want to ride if it was as hot as it was yesterday.  I'll bring my bike but also have some gym clothes in case I decide to hit the elliptical instead.  Either way, I plan on having a good cardio session later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment