Friday, September 2, 2011

Yesterday's Ride, Arms and Light Cardio

Even this morning, I'm still feeling the effects of my leg workout from a couple days ago.  However, it didn't seem like it was as much of a factor in yesterday's ride as it was Wednesday's.  I did pull back some initially, but got to finish pretty strong.  The odd thing was I didn't think I would be able to push too hard given all my leg muscles felt pretty tight before the ride, but they loosened up and worked a lot better than expected.

I got in a short workout this morning and worked my arms with a lower back workout as well.  I didn't do too many sets, but I was doing 30-40 rep sets for both.  I'm not too interested in making my arms stronger/bigger, so it was enough.  I ran out of time and didn't get to work my abs, but maybe I'll do some crunches later...nah. 

I brought my bike home yesterday as 4 straight days of riding with the guys was enough.  I actually feel like I could have still ridden today even with my legs not 100%, but I'm going mountain biking tomorrow and riding on Sunday. 

I plan on doing some light cardio at lunch instead to burn some calories.  I'm good for a little fat burning and will let my heart take a break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment