Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Race Analysis and the Latest

Skipping all the workouts on Friday and carbing up seemed to have worked out well on Saturday's race.  I felt pretty good, although I wasn't too keep about the scheduling of the race where I would have preferred to stay up there rather than drive up the morning of.  Next year.  Ultimately, I think I was able to do what I could where I was happy with my results.  Of course, there's always the lingering thoughts that I could have pushed harder here or there, but I think that's normal.  The only thing that would support that was how I was still able to ride a 60 miler with Gary on Sunday. 

That Sunday ride was a good run.  I was worried about my legs, but they still seemed like they were pretty strong.  I had minimal nutrition for the ride (1 waffle, a couple shot bloks, and didn't even finish 2nd water bottle).  I think the weather helped, although the winds on the way back were a little harsh.

Yesterday was my anniversary, so I slept in and skipped a morning workout.  I did get my chest workout done at lunch time, and although it wasn't the best, I still got it done.   It's funny how not having my ipod (battery died) and gum can affect my workout, but not having them and working out is still better than not working out. 

This morning, I got my back workout in, and I'm still trying to burn off the celebratory meals I've had over the weekend including last night.  It was a good workout with 4 exercises hitting the back at different angles and then topped off with a couple core exercises.  I just wonder if my sweating during my workout was due to effort or just the fact that I had some beef on Sunday.  HA HA

For lunch, I think it's time for a good run up Portola.  My BMC came back from the race with a flat, but it's back and ready to go for today.  I'm thinking it'll be a better run if this cool weather holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment