Monday, April 23, 2012

Calf, Chest and Cardio

Although it doesn't seem to bother me while I cycle, my left calf STILL hasn't fully recovered after straining it last week.  For this reason, I'm not going to run this week so that I don't risk any further problems leading into the L'Etape this weekend.  I hope it heals fully soon.

I worked my chest out today and rather than start out with weights, I did 3 sets of push ups instead.  I've been dealing with problems with my wrists ever since I crashed a few weeks ago, and they, too, don't seem to have recovered in full.  I think this is what happens when one gets old.  Sigh.  I was able to get 5 exercises for chest nonetheless, and I also did my lower back and abs.  For my ab workout, I did crunches on the machine.  When I went to pick up my water bottle from the floor, my upper abs locked up fully (i.e. cramped) and would not unlock for almost 5 minutes.  It hurt! 

For lunch training, I wanted to ride my bike today but it is so drizzly this morning that I may just jump on a spin bike.  If I do jump on the spin bike, I'll keep working on my off the seat riding since I plan on utilizing this more for this weekend's ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment