Monday, April 9, 2012

Yesterday's Ride, Today's Chest and Lunch Cardio

For the weekend training, I rode down to Poway from my house with Vin and got 68 miles + 3000 feet of climbing.  We started out fairly slow to warm up, but got our average up to 20.7 mph by the time we got down to the Camp Pendleton McDonald's.  Trying to find our way through Rancho Santa Fe and getting a little lost, our average dropped to 19.4, but it was still a great workout.  I didn't mind working up front a lot to keep the pace up as I was interested in earning my Easter eats.  Vin came in on occasion and helped keep the pace up as well.  Despite the ride, I never felt like my legs got too worked, so it was a good ride.

I did contemplate on whether I wanted to work out this morning given I've been resting more, but I felt a little guilty from what I ate over the weekend.  Curiously, I was a little hungry this morning when I woke up.  I did end up going in and getting my chest worked out and it was pretty good.  I stayed light and didn't really pyramid up and got 5 chest exercises in plus lower back and abs. 

For today's cardio, I'm contemplating getting a run in but I may spin as well.  I will be off on Friday where I won't be able to get a run in then, so I may do so earlier this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment