Friday, April 27, 2012

End of the Week Taper

Yesterday, I didn't blog in the morning since I actually decided to stay in bed and get a little more rest in preparation for this weekend.  I only had arms to workout anyway, and I figured doing so wouldn't really do anything for me for the ride.  If anything, I wanted to give my triceps a lot of rest since riding on the drops for an extended time does tend to tire them out.  I did spin on the bike at work yesterday during lunch but it was fairly mild.  Got a good sweat out of it.

For this morning, I actually spun again just to keep the blood circulating in the legs.  As hard as it was to do so, I kept it very mild and had the resistance quite low the whole time.  I did do some off the seat pedaling here and there, but nothing crazy. 

This will be it for workouts today.  I plan on getting something to eat with Lisa during lunchtime instead.  I will also be wearing my recovery compression pants all day and night, so this will hopefully prepare me for tomorrow's big ride.  Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment