Monday, April 30, 2012

Starting Over Again

After this weekend's ride, I probably overcompensated with the food and drinks where I really need to reset my training and diet plans.  Like most, I find comfort in food, and the cycling sufferfest definitely warranted it.  I just felt like crap this morning as a result, so I do want to clean up my diet and restart my training and diet (i.e. hit the old reset button).

I forgot my iPod this morning, so I had to work out with any music.  It's always a bummer to do so, but I managed to get in my 5 sets for chest along with my lower back and ab workouts.  My routine was light and explosive again with light weights and high reps.  My lower back felt a little tight from the ride, but it wasn't much of a factor.  My groin also felt a little worked, but it just makes walking a little challenging.

For lunch, I do want to get on a spin bike and just loosen up my legs by getting the circulation going again.  The compression pants I wore Saturday night helped a lot to keep them from swelling up too much, but now it's time to get the blood working through them again.  I'll try to keep it fairly light, but I may do some off the seat training as well.  I'll have to see how I feel.  I am getting an itch to run though only because I don't want to not have ran for over 2 weeks, but I'm not sure that's a good idea at this point...especially with the Alpine Challenge this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment