Friday, April 6, 2012

Race Analysis, Arms and Lunch Run

Once again, the same thing happened during last night race where at some point half-way through, I started to just fall off the back and for the life of me, I can't figure out why.  It's never a matter of feeling like I can't breathe or where I start to cramp.  I just can't keep up.  I did notice my HR was up for a while, but I've held an elevated HR for a lot longer previously.  I think I just have to concede that I am not in crit racing shape and maybe there's just not much I can do about it.  I hate the thought of feeling so helpless though.  Lisa, who came to watch, said I looked like I was doing better.  I'm not sure what that really means, but maybe there's some improvement from week-to-week...or maybe I'm just kidding myself.  The next race is in two weeks, so maybe the break will help. 
 

This morning, I was so tempted to just stay in bed since Lisa wasn't feeling to well.  I did manage to drag my ass up and get in the gym, but it took a while to get going.  I did punish my arms (mostly biceps) for yesterday's sad race performance and finished it off with a core workout.

I will be running today at lunch time to keep the running up.  Madison won't be running with us, so I'll have to find a way to challenge myself.  I would try to break last week's record on my own, but I just don't know how to pace myself well enough.  Maybe I'll borrow Lisa's GPS and track this run, but I'm afraid it'll only tell me I'm slow here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment