Monday, May 2, 2011

Saturday Ride, Today's Chest Day and Lunch Ride or Cardio

For my Saturday ride, it seemed that what I ate on Friday helped carry me through the ride with minimal nourishment needed.  I indulged in some Indian food, shared a Mochilato with the wife, and then had chicken and a sweet potato for dinner.  Of course, there was also the mandatory fig newtons.  As a result, I only took 3 gels during the ride, with the last one more precautionary than necessary.  I also only had 1 package of shot bloks.  For my electrolyte drinks, it appears I only had just over 2 bottles as the 3rd bottle I prepared was still almost full when I got back.  I may have to do something similar for this weekend's ride.

After resting yesterday, I felt good this morning and got in the gym and worked my chest.  5 exercises (bench, incline press, decline press, cable crossovers, and low cable crossovers).  I also got my 2 core workouts done.  My left elbow is still in a wrap today, but it's feeling slightly better.  

During today's lunch, I'm contemplating riding my bike or doing some elliptical work.  I know I want to taper a little but maybe it's too early.   I'll decide last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment