Monday, November 28, 2011

Friday through Today

On Friday, my exercise for the day was my ride back home from San Diego.  63 miles, with a headwind.  My legs still hadn't recovered enough from the previous days of training, but I really wanted to get the miles in.  I did okay for a solo ride, but definitely felt it after.  I think I lapsed in and out of consciousness for the rest of that day. 

For Saturday, it was a rest day and I was hoping my legs would fully recover.  However, I was still experiencing some stiffness and some mild pain, so I opted to pick up some recovery compression pants since I heard a lot of good things about it.   I bought the 2XU recovery pants, vs. just their regular compression pants, and wore them for the rest of the afternoon/evening.   I'm a believer.

For Sunday, we had our big ride for the weekend and we did an 88 miler.  I managed to get by with 3 bottles of Ultima, 1 waffle, and 3 gels for the ride plus 1 package of shot blocks.  It even got warm toward the end, and I never felt any cramping despite.  I did jump in my compression pants right after the ride, albeit with some difficulty getting into them (ha ha), but I was still functional for my family after and got to lunch with them, pick up a tree and put up some lights on the house.  Not too shabby.

For today, I woke up and made it to the gym for a chest workout and still keeping the pace up with minimal rest in between sets.   Got 6 exercises in and also my core.  When I got home, it was nice being back on Met-Rx again.  Hopefully, I'll be able to resume the Stagecoach training in full starting today.  Reset.

For lunch, I hope to jump on the spin bike for an hour but I don't think there will be a class given.  I'll just bring in my own music and do my thing.  I'll back it down just a bit since I do feel a little fatigue from the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment