Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Recovery, Light Legs and Spin Class

I know full well that muscles need time to recover, and legs are no different.  Although Sunday's ride took it's toll on Sunday, I didn't feel too bad Monday so I pushed probably a little harder than I should when I rode the spin bike with Seon.  Yesterday morning when I got to work, I did feel the two days of training on the legs and knew our lunch ride was going to be a challenge.  I did better than I expected despite feeling like crap once we hit the bike trail, but mostly I think it was a matter of will vs. capability.  Plus, with all the guys that came out, that helped give me more motivation to push. 

Now with 3 days in a row of trashing my legs, I woke up this morning and they were definitely not recovered enough for a good thrashing at the gym.  I contemplated not going, but instead I opted to keep it light and take it easy.  I know.  I know.  I still blew out my calves since they weren't feeling too bad, but I limited the exercises for my hamstring and my quads to just one each.  Now while that doesn't sound bad, I still drove up the intensity based on the rep range I was hitting on every set with the lighter weight.  Walking down the stairs after was tough even after this limited training.

For lunch, I plan on joining the spin class and I will definitely try to tone it down.  I don't think I have a choice.  I'll need to check the aggro in at the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment