Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Music, Delts and Lunch Ride

I downloaded some new songs to my iPod last night and couldn't wait to get in the gym this morning to listen to them.  It's funny how I get excited about working out based on new music, but whatever works, right?

I got a really good shoulder workout based on the new music, and managed to complete 6 different exercises including one for my traps.  The weights were low as normal and the reps were high, and the speed of the rep was mostly matched with the rhythm of the song I was listening to at the time.  What helped was how I could focus more on the song than the pain or the lack of oxygen after doing so many reps.  I did also get a core workout in as well.

Looking forward to a slightly hilly route today, and I am contemplating bringing in my Cervelo now that I have my front wheel back.  It would be nice to spin up the hills vs. pounding with my standard crank.  I already have my BMC at work though, so I'm not sure whether I want to have both at work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment