Thursday, November 24, 2011

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thanksgiving

Wow...I guess I hadn't blogged in a few days...I guess I've been busy.

On Tuesday, I got in and got my back workout in.  For whatever reason, I just couldn't get the intensity up as high as I'd like, but I kept trying.  I got about as good a workout as I could given the circumstances, and squeezed out 6 different exercises plus my core training.  For my lunch training, we had a good group ride and got in a 21+ mph pace even with some decent climbs thrown in. 

For yesterday's training, I rode with who I would qualify as Broadcom's best (minus Noah) in the morning for a 45+ mile loop just before work.  My legs felt good despite the ride from Tuesday, so I pushed the pace as much as I could.  It was good to get out there and see where everyone was at, mostly to see how team B looked like, so working in on the rotations as much as possible was ideal. Although I felt a little twinge on my calves on the bike trail headed to California, it was brief and gone by the time I climbed up.  My legs still felt good after the ride, so I jumped in Madison's spin class at lunch time.  I think doing so may have been a little much as by the end of the day, I was feeling it.  My glutes were tired and my legs felt worked, but nothing some compression (by wearing my leg warmers) and some ibuprofen couldn't cure.

For today, I rode down to my in-laws house as planned, but I was a little worried since I could still feel yesterday's training.  My legs were not 100%, but I went through with the ride nonetheless.  My mode was just to maintain a steady pace and not ride all the way through without stopping.  I would have a few people jump in on my draft on the way down, so I took those opportunities to bring up my pace enough to eventually drop every one of them.  Even on the climb up Mira Mesa Blvd, there was one guy who tried to jump on and he stayed probably through a quarter of the hill.  I had a really good pace and rhythm, so I got a 5th place on Strava as a result.   Now if only I didn't get stopped at the light under the 805.  Now it's time to rest and feast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment