Sunday, November 6, 2011

Training/Diet reset

After yesterday's big ride, which is unusual since I typically ride Sundays, I opted to rest today and prepare for another training/diet reset.  Thus, I relaxed my diet today as well and hope to dial it up a notch on both starting tomorrow.  Training-wise, it'll be tough so I'll have to see how but diet-wise,  have some ideas I want to try.

I still plan on hitting Met-Rx 4x a day, but I do plan on adding Fridays for a full 4 serving.  Typically, I have a normal dinner on Friday night, but I'll see how going to a 4x on Friday helps.  I also may revert to Met-Rx for dinner on Sundays as well.  If I start to feel weak as a result, I may opt to purchase some good quality whey protein to add to my Met-Rx to prevent any muscle loss.  I will also probably try to drink more water to purify my system more like I used to, which should also help keep me hydrated for my rides. 

As for training, I'm sold on spin bikes, so this will be a regular aspect of my cycling training.  MWF will be spin bike/class with T/Th actual cycling days.  I may swap on some weeks depending on how I feel, but the spin bike is really helping a lot as far as being able to establish different rhythms for climbing and for sprinting.  Awesome core workout as well.  I may do a super light cardio Saturday morning as well, but I'll have to play it by ear depending on how the change to my diet affects me. 

As far as the weight training goes, I don't really see too much changing here.  It's pretty intense as it is and the light weight, high tempo training has still allowed me to hold onto a lot of muscle.  In some cases, I think I actually still stimulate growth based on some of the intensity levels I reach, but I'm not sure if that helps my cycling goal.  I'll keep adjusting as necessary depending on how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment