Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Leg day and Cardio Lunch

It was a little tough to get up this morning given the sound of rain and how it was cold.  I always think about how it would be nice to skip this morning's workout probably every single day.  Then, it's followed by the thought of how each day I slack, that's one day I have to make up in order to keep making progress.  What finally gets me up is the thought that I may go the opposite way. 

I worked my legs again today and blew up my calves again.  The 50-70 rep sets were painful.  I did a calf extension machine using alternating sets. I then got a sled and did more standing extensions with toe straight, toe in, and toe out.  I did a final toe straight set to blow it out.  I did an alternating standing leg curl hitting reps of 40-50.  Lastly, I did my seated leg extensions followed by leg presses.  I decided to increase the weight on my final leg press to increase the intensity just to change things up.  Overall, the legs got a pretty good workout.

The roads are still a little wet this morning, so I think I'll skip the cycling again one more day and get some more cardio in the gym.  Yesterday's cardio was crazy with the intervals on the elliptical.  I actually got worked since I stuck with the intervals throughout the 60 minutes.  For today, I hope to just be in fat burning mode again and will pick the intensity up for tomorrow's lunch ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment