Thursday, May 26, 2011

Yesterday's Ride, Plateaus, Shoulders, and Cycling

In yesterday's ride, I was hoping it would be tame enough where I could do some off the seat and seated training.  I did manage to do off the seat training up NPC, and seated training up Ridge Park, but the rest of the ride was just chaos.  I didn't expect to push as hard, but that's how it goes.  Left calf was hinting at cramping at a couple points during the ride, but it never did.  I'm glad quads held up as well, but they did feel heavy during the ride.

I weighed myself after yesterday's ride, and I seem to be hovering at 153.  I am still eating clean with only fibrous vegetables at night, but I guess I just hit a plateau.  I think I can reduce more fat, so I'll keep going and hopefully be able to break through in the next month.

I got my shoulder workout this morning with 4 exercises:  side dumbbell raises, front dumbbell raises, rear delt machine, and bilateral machine shoulder press.  I'm still skipping a 2nd pressing movement that I used to do to avoid size.  I also got my core workout in.

Today, I'm getting on the bike again.   Legs seem to be recovering faster again and not complaining as they did last week after not riding for 3 days in a row.   We'll see just how recovered they are at lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment