Thursday, May 19, 2011

Shoulder day and Cycling

It was nice to wake up this morning and not see any rain.  Got in the gym and got in a good shoulder workout.  I did the following exercises:  machine side lateral raises, alternating shoulder press machine, front dumbbell raises (alternating) and rear delt machine. 

One observation about my training nowadays, is that I don't ever seem to do isolation unilateral movements anymore...except legs.   I always either do bilateral or alternating.  For some reason, I believe this will help with cycling given that movements are always alternating and continuous.  Whether it's true or not, who knows.  Just another theory I concocted. 

For lunch today, I'm ready to get back on the bike again.   Looking forward to do some hill training in the absence of having ridden a bike the last 3 days.  I'll bring my Cervelo out as I haven't ridden it for a while.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment