Monday, May 9, 2011

Saturday's Ride, Today's Chest and Cardio

For my Saturday ride, I wanted to track what I did nutrition-wise for reference on future rides.  I almost managed to complete the ride free of cramping or bonking...almost.  I ended up having 4 bottles of Ultima, a half a bottle of water (for the last part downhill), 2 packages of shot bloks, 6 honey gels, 4 waffles, and 2 packages of fig newtons.  Mentally,  I neglected to stay on top of my nutrition during the last climb, and paid for it with a major calf cramp, which hurt all the way through yesterday.  My quads also threatened to cramp when I stood, and although the shot bloks let me continue pedaling, it did not restore the confidence I had earlier.  Lesson learned.

Today, I was back in the gym working the pecs.  Yesterday, I got a lot of rest (thanks to the wife), so I felt pretty recovered from Saturday.  I managed to get 47 reps out of 155 lbs on the bench today after my warm-up, so either I actually gained weight from the weekend, or I'm a little stronger from the rest.  I got my 6 exercises in plus my 2 core.  

I also will be doing cardio at lunch time today, and hope to do some intervals on the elliptical.  I'll probably pull back just a little to make sure I'm fully recovered and begin the training for the next ride...Big Bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment