Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Legs again...finally and more cycling

After a 2-3 week hiatus from weight training for the legs, I finally got to work them again this morning and boy did they get worked.  In a way, I was trying to get even with my calf that failed me on Saturday, but I'm sure it'll get the last laugh...especially if the ride at lunch is intense.

My calves did get worked with some really high rep sets through 2 different exercises.  I also tried to blow up my quads through extensions and leg presses where in the end, the veins popping out over them looked like a road map.  Again, I expect these muscles to get even on today's ride.  I also managed to work my hamstrings for a couple high rep sets, but that was abou all I had in me after my calves and quads workout. 

I'm hoping to get a good ride in at lunch today, and hopefully, it'll be a good spin.   Hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Crushing legs before a lunch ride?!? You're a madman Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, crushing legs AFTER a lunch ride like you is mad!

    ReplyDelete