Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Long Weekend and Today's Chest Workout

What a busy long weekend with no time to blog.

Saturday, I got to go bodyboarding with my brother-in-law in the morning for a couple hours.  The waves were pretty big that day, so the paddle out was a pretty good workout in itself.  The waves were pretty sloppy, so I was very selective and only ended up catching 3.  The current was really strong, so I spent a lot of time paddling north and trying to get in a good position.  I was worked by the end of that day.

On Sunday, I did the Como street ride with the guys, which is always one that turns me inside out.  I was a little worried about the effects of the bodyboarding, but in the end, I think my right shoe got the best of me instead.  When I rode yesterday, I remembered to check my cleat, and all 4 of the screws were backing out. 

Since I participated in some pizza/beer, I also decided to hit the trainer when I got home.  I did that for an hour and left a pretty good size puddle in my garage.  The trainer is actually a different animal where you can't use your whole body, so my legs were pretty worked after.

Yesterday, I skipped the weights and opted for a hill trainer with Eddie and Gary.   Climbing all those hills in that short duration of miles was pretty intense.  I felt like crying "Mama" going up Nyes.  At the end of the ride, my legs were absolute toast.  I still went to lunch and a movie with the kids, but man were they in pain. 

Today, I decided to skip morning workout due to all the activities in the last few days.  I didn't get a lot of sleep either, so the extra hour plus helped.  Since my groin and my legs feel a little strained, I was thinking to back off and hit it hard for the Thursday night crit, but that didn't workout due to scheduling problems.  I'll just do a chest workout today as my only one and try to resume a normal schedule tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment