Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Leg day, Resisting the Urge, and Cycling

Killed it in the gym this morning working my calves, glutes, hamstrings and quads.  Calves were totally done after 8 sets.  I also hit a glute isolator machine, which is a funny name considering that it also works the hamstrings, and did 4 sets of 40-50 reps.  For my quads, I hit the leg extensions (bilateral this time vs. alternating) and then the leg press to top off.

When performing the above exercise, I always feel like I want to do more weight.   Progress resistance training has been my mode for so long, that it seems engrained in me.  However, despite the urge to do so, I always manage to talk myself out of it since it's not inline with my cycling focus.  I know strength wise, it'll help but I don't want the size that may come with it.   Strange but true.

Today, I plan on getting out on the bike and I just read how Gary wants to do repeats on NPC.  I guess I'll join him and see what that's about.  Let's hope my calves and quads don't blow up too badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment