Thursday, February 9, 2012

Baselining, Arms, and Then....

I think for this week, I blew it in terms of prepping for this weekend's ride.  Well, so I didn't exactly blow it, but I sure don't have the confidence heading into it as I normally would.  One of the things that make the ride more predictable is when I have consistency (or a baseline) such that my diet, my training, etc., are constant.  This week, my training has been pretty constant but I cleaned up my diet a lot this week where my calories/carbs are done.  The absence of carbs always makes me feel a little more tired and a lot sooner, but I've still been pushing as hard as I could.  Whatever I'm doing wrong, I need to figure it out in the next 2 days. 

I did my arms this morning and focused mostly on my biceps.  I'm saving my triceps since they tend to get worked when I'm on my drops a lot on a long bike ride, especially when I'm off the seat.  I noticed that my biceps seemed more defined, so maybe the diet has helped to lean me out some. 

For lunch time, this is where I'm not sure what I want to do.  Part of me thinks I should rest and let my legs feel recovered (as they still don't yet and my left calf is still twinging) or should I just back down the intensity and take it easy in spin class.  I'm leaning toward the latter because THAT is what I've been doing leading up to the last few rides.  However, I'm really nervous since the norm is that I do not cramp on such a simple ride.  I'll be ready for the spin, but I may end up doing nothing and just relaxing.  I write about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment