Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Saving Legs, Trained Shoulders

I thought I'd save my legs for this weekend's century, so this morning I opted to work on shoulders instead.  Went back to the fast low intensity high rep mode and had a great workout as a result.  My shoulders were definitely feeling the pain  after a few of those high rep sets.  I also got my core worked out, so it was a complete day of training. 

One thing I thought I'd share was the importance of establishing a focal point during the exercise.  This is both visually and mentally.  I do this often where I just look at an object and stare at it while I let my mind focus on what I'm trying to accomplish as well as what will motivate me to do more reps while ignoring the pain.

My legs are a little tight given the riding/spinning for the last 3 day, but I will probably bring my bike in and go out for a ride during lunch.  Nothing crazy I hope.  Just need to keep the blood circulating.

No comments:

Post a Comment