Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Diet, Back Day and Lunch Cardio

I probably don't talk about my diet enough, but last Sunday I decided to kick it up a notch for a couple reasons:  1) I've been eating a lot of junk on the weekends where it just isn't translating to energy as well and 2) I think I can stand to lose more body fat.   The changes I'm making will be that I will no longer be eating fried foods again, I will avoid overeating after my long rides, I am giving up alcohol (for a little while anyway), and I will increase my protein intake on the weekends.  These are not drastic changes, but I hope it'll help me tone up more and translate to more efficient cycling.

I got a pretty decent back workout this morning hitting 4-5 different exercises plus my core training.  Speed was the focus and I kept pushing even beyond when I would typically stop.  My back feels worked.  Good deal.

For lunch, I am toying with the idea of bringing my bike, but I'll likely jump in today's spin class.  I would like to try out my bike again with the new wheels, but I may save it for tomorrow night's race.  I still plan to race just to get a good training session in even though it doesn't seem like anyone will join me.  In the end, I hope the training will help for the Bull Dog race coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment