Friday, February 17, 2012

Rested but Spun at Lunch

After yesterday's ride (and actually during), my energy level was not the same and I continue to drag my ass for the rest of the day...even leaving a little early from work just to rest.  I ended up sleeping with my compression pants (again), but when I awoke this morning, I just didn't feel good.  Not sick but just an overwhelming feeling of fatigue.  As a result, I opted to skip my arm workout and just stay in bed.  Rare, but it happens.   I know I've been training a lot for a while and to boot, my diet is pretty taxing, so I just decided I would skip and see if it would help me recover some.   I know it's not much, but I also have tomorrow (Saturday) to recover for the most part.  

I did jump in a spin class led by Lauren today and Todd and Eddie were there with me.  I actually couldn't hold cadence at some point because of the fatigue I've been feeling, but I did the best that I could.  I meant to take it easy, but I think if I do, Lauren notices and makes all of us suffer.  HA HA.  I dug real deep for today's class, but I'm not sure if it was really helpful or hurtful in the sense that it is still keeping me in the OT state.  I didn't care.  As bad as it is, what's more difficult for me is not being able to eat given I like to maintain a certain ratio of intake to expenditure.   Less training (which we already saw in me not going to the gym this morning) means less food.  Crazy talk considering my carb intake is probably a little too low (except on Valentines Day).  Now I feel like crap, but again, it's all downhill until Sunday's training ride.  Hopefully, I'll be in the 90+ percentile with regard to my energy level by then...at least I hope my legs to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment