Monday, February 13, 2012

Ride Analysis, Chest and Lunch Cardio

The ride on Saturday was a bit more taxing than I expected.  I didn't expect to have to eat and drink as much, but I ended up eating all my gels (3), a PB&J at the SAG, and 3 bottles of electrolytes along with 1.5 packages of Shot Bloks.  The winds made the ride so much harder than in the past, and the guys pushing the pace not willing to ride with others too much for probably about 70% of the route.  My legs felt okay at the end, but yesterday and this morning I'm feeling the fatigue. 

Although tired, I made it in to the gym and got my chest worked out.  I got 6 chest exercises in including a couple repeated sets of push ups to failure.  I also got my lower back and abs worked.  Overall, it was a good workout but strength was down for sure.

For lunch, I may run but I may just sit on the spin bike.  I haven't decided yet.  I will do something though just to get back on track.  If my legs are feeling a little tight, I'll just spin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment